It’s no doubt Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has a much sought after look. Her effortless and natural beauty is glowing and dewy and her makeup looks are always on point. But how can you recreate this gorgeous look?
Unless you live under a rock, you know that NYFW is taking place as we speak. Or rather as I type and you read- you know what I mean!
The Carolina Herrera show has introduced the new “it” hair for Spring and it couldn’t be simpler to replicate. However, I think I am going to get a jump on this look and wear it Falls well!
Here is how you can recreate this look at home!
Start by washing your hair using Perfectly (un)Done Weightless Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and rough dry.
Apply Get Sleek Blow Dry Balm from roots to ends and dry hair with a round bristle brush before using a comb to create a straight center part.
Separate hair into 2-inch wide sections and use a 1.5 inch barrel curling wand to create a very loose S-bend wave in the hair, rolling the curling wand down the hair. Use the edge of the curling wand to smooth the hair at the roots.
Lightly spritz Smooth & Silky Shine Spray over hair and onto your fingers to tame any fly aways around the face.
Finish by spraying Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray for flexible hold.
What products to use:
You can probably been living under a rock if you have not yet heard of strobing! Loved by celebs and beauty bloggers alike, this trend is seen as the anti-contour.
I am a lover of contour. I love a chiseled cheek bone and perfectly contoured nose and I didn’t think I would get on board with this strobing look.
Here is why I like it:
- It’s so simple to master
- It takes half the time that contouring takes
- It looks so natural and you don’t look like you spent ages doing your makeup (because you haven’t!)
- It gives a fantastic glowy, dewy skin
- If you are prone to oily skin, don’t shy away from this look! Own it! Don’t worry about looking shiny- it’s the whole point. use powder to keep your nose, chin and forehead matte and let your natural skin type enhance your strobe!
- As much as I love a good contour, It’s not a look to be done every day so strobing is the perfect alternative for a natural work, daytime look!
- Gigi Hadid loves it so it’s OK with me!
So say bye, bye contouring and hello strobing! Check out my favourite products to have you strobing like a pro in no time!
How to Strobe:
Hit the points below with your favorite product. Blend into your skin (I use my fourth finger to blend!) until you have the desired glow. Use product sparingly and you can always add more if you so wish!
Keep the corners of your nose, chin and between your brows and forehead matte by using your favorite powder!
What to use for strobing:
Take note that the below colors are for fairer skin tones, but most of these brands carry many different colours of the same product so go a little deeper. if you have dark skin, gold tones look amazing on your skin for strobing. Try Moon Beam from Benefit!
I prefer liquid products to strobe – it’s gives a more natural, dewy look!
44 CAD – nordstrom.com
40 CAD – ulta.com
40 CAD – net-a-porter.com
35 CAD – macys.com
15 CAD – target.com
9.95 CAD – amazon.com
8.87 CAD – target.com
7.28 CAD – target.com
As you know, my hair was bleached in order to get my balayage look and since I got that done, I have really had to look after my hair.
I have a whole blog on how I care for bleached hair, which you can read here, but since that blog post, I have moved and cannot get the same products here, so I have had to try even more products!
This is how I found L’Oreal Paris Ever Pure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment.
Here is what I found with this product.
- It really does take away that brassy look and leave your hair a lot less orange.
- It seems to lighten your hair a lot which is good if that is what you want, but if you enjoy the more caramel, orange tone to your hair, don’t get this.
- It’s rinse out so you don’t have to leave in overnight.
- it is less than $15!
- This is not really bad, but I need to use an intense conditioning treatment after I use this as it does not moisturize my hair.
How to use:
- Shampoo your hair as normal.
- Take the treatment and apply to all blonde hair (I just apply to the lower half as I have balayage
- Leave in your hair for about 7 minutes
- Wash out
- I apply a conditioning treatment then, such as the L’Oreal Paris Triple Resist Mask.
Just be aware that this is a toning treatment and not a conditioner so you need to use a conditioner/mask afterwards and should only do about once a week.
She has recently debuted a fiery new look, and if you haven’t noticed already I tend to be a huge Sienna Miller fan, so I am paying homage to all of her beat hair styles, since she first catapulted into our lives.