Make-up brushes can be quite expensive so when you have them you should look after them.
I have two sets of brushes my LA Make-Up Academy brushes which is a full professional set of 20 brushes and then I have my MAC travel set also which consists of 6 essential brushes.
1. Wash your brushes with baby shampoo. Do not use Head & Shoulders as this has been known to damage the brushes. Wash with luke warm water. You dont want to use hot water as it can melt the glue on the brushes and the hair can fall out.
2. Do not blow dry them- allow them to dry naturally.
3. Wash your brushes until the water runs clean. If there is still make-up on the brush wash them again. If your stiple brush still has brown foundation on it- then it is not clean!
4. Keep your brushes together in a case, otherwise you are going to lose them. It doesn’t have to be a belt brush- just a cute little bag will be perfect!
5. Wash your brushes after each time you do your make-up. You wouldn’t wear your clothes day in day out without washing them so don’t do that with your brushes! Brushes can carry bacteria and you will just end up spreading that over your face.
6. Wipe your eyeliner brush immediately when you are done with it. Gel liner especially can dry really quickly and make your bush go hard.
For the style & fashion obsessed..